|Who should attend?
|Managers, supervisors, senior hygiene personnel, owners or managers of food businesses and supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge who would benefit from increasing their knowledge to an advanced level.
|Overview and benefits
|On completing this qualification candidates will be able to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
- Will equip candidates to meet the food industry's need for a high level of practical qualification with external accreditation.
- Suitable for candidates wishing to deliver food safety as part of their training
- Bacteriology and food-borne illnesses
- Physical contamination of food
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Training strategies
- Management control technique
|Successful candidates will be able to:
- Guide and advice on the management of food hygiene in a food business
- Contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses
- Identify further technical knowledge necessary in complex processes
- Determine further training requirements
- Identify areas of legal compliance
- Determine good practice
- Design an improvement plan
- Outline a HACCP type study
- Promote and encourage good standards of food safety
- Liaise with enforcement officers
- Deliver level 2 food hygiene training (with appropriate training skills)
|Candidates will be able to deliver level 2 food safety awards for catering (with appropriate training skills).
|It is recommended that candidates have the prior knowledge to the level of the Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
|Awarding body:||Highfield Qualifications|
|Course duration:||5 days|
|Assessment method:||30 multiple choice questions and 4 out of 6 written questions (2½ hours)|